Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Wing shack - Windsor Colorado


October 24, 2014


After my dad and I took a walk around Windsor Lake we were hungry for chicken wings. When we arrived for a late lunch there were still quite a few booths actually that we were still full. When we went to the counter no one was there and we had to wait for quite a while till they realized we were there. But once the guy came out he apologized and he quickly took our order I ordered the regular wing lunch special with hot garlic sauce, for my choice of side I picked chips with garlic seasoning. Along with ranch and celery.  Dad ordered the boneless wing lunch special with hot garlic sauce and he got French fries and blue cheese. After we ordered the guy said it would be 10 to 15 minutes for our wings. For $7.99 our combos also came with drinks so after filling the drinks we picked a nice booth next to a window. Then in probably 10 to 15 minutes our food was delivered.
 

 
The wings were kind of on the small side of wings but were very good they were a little crisp and covered with a good amount of sauce and maybe a little too much sauce as some of the wings were laying in the sauce and had too much. This very good tasting sauce though with chunks of garlic, but was a little on the hot side.



I also really enjoyed the chips with the garlic seasoning. They were fresh fried chips with the seasoning sprinkled on which made them fairly salty and garlicky. And I thought they were best when dipped in the ranch dressing. The celery I didn't end up eating mostly because I was already full and it didn't look so good  either. Dad liked his boneless wings very much as well but he was wondering when we left about which sauce was one level down in heat. His French fries were regular crinkle cut fries and he didn't say much about them. We spent quite a bit a time eating since it takes me forever to eat wings, so we were there quite a while.  Once we were done eating, I had wing sauce all over my face and hands, but they had wet naps so after I cleaned up and were ready to go. Once we left probably about two thirty there was only one other booth that was occupied. As we left I felt like I ate too much, but also thought this was a very good value for lunch at $7.99 for ten wings, a side and a drink.  We were very happy with our lunch.

 

 
 

 





address:

1261 Main St, Windsor, CO 80550

 
Phone:
(970) 686-5202
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment