Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Chili Thai II– Windsor Colorado

February 8, 2016

Mom and I stopped in for a quick lunch on the Chinese New Year. We arrived just after noon and the place was not too full. We were seated quickly and menus were brought to our table. After a bit they came to take our drink orders I ordered a Pepsi and mom just had a water. Once our waitress was back mom ordered the Kung pao chicken ($7.25) which came with an egg roll and a cheese wonton choice of rice and choice of soup. Mom had the fried rice and egg drop soup. This time I decided to try the Szechuan Chicken ($7.25) with fried rice and hot and sour soup. I’d been here before and tried the egg drop soup and wasn’t too excited about it so I thought it try a different kind this time.
 
Shortly after this the soups arrived along with fried crunchy wontons. The soup was all right not the greatest, but I think I did like it more than the egg drop had the previous time. This hot sour soup had tofu and bamboo in it along with some red pepper flakes here and there. Before we were even done with our soups our entrées arrived on plastic trays. Once I finished my soup I started into my entrée.
 
This Szechuan Chicken had a spicy sauce with plenty of vegetables and plenty of sauce actually there was a pile of it underneath. This tasted quite good and the chicken was pretty good quality chicken and I liked all the vegetables except for maybe the red and green peppers but they were all right. The fried rice was pretty good just fried rice with egg no other vegetables or anything, but pretty good. I also like that they give you a wonton and an egg roll. There was also a squeeze bottle of sweet-and-sour sauce on the table. The wonton was good and the egg roll I thought was a very good egg roll. After I ate just about all I could eat I asked for a box. We went up to the counter and paid and were on our way. Usually you get dry rice with your leftover Chinese food, but when I ate my leftovers the next day there was so much sauce left underneath that I definitely did not have that problem.

 

Chili Thai II
Address: 1215 Main St, Windsor, CO 80550
 

No comments:

Post a Comment