Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Mt. Everest Café –Fort Collins CO

July 28, 2016

When I started my blogs a few years ago I never imagined I would be eating and writing about food from Nepal and Tibet, but here I am. 

I met a friend for lunch at about 12:30, and I was not sure what I was getting myself into. I had never really had this kind of food or anything like it before, so I figured Mt. Everest café with their buffet would be a good way to try some new things.  We picked a table and headed to the buffet. 
 
I filled up my plate with naan, a vegetable samosa, some chicken curry, tikka masala and some rice.  The samosa definitely had potato in it along with I’m not sure what other veggies.  But the filling was good and the outside fried dough was delicious.  The naan the first trip through was a little tough and chewy, but the next trip they were fresh and were really good.  I’ve never really had much curry of any kind, but this chicken curry I suppose tasted like what curry would taste like, I thought it was good but not my favorite item I took. The tikka masala was by far my favorite thing I took.  It was orangeish and was a bit creamy, I don’t think I’ve had anything like it before, but I really enjoyed it quite a bit.  It along with the chicken curry both went real well with the rice.

Going in I wasn’t so sure, but after trying some new things I was happy that I came here for lunch.  I was very impressed their buffet, and thought it was one of the better buffets of any kind I’ve been to around here.  I will definitely be back to maybe try something new or maybe just what I had this time.  Either way I am looking forward to returning.
 





Mt. Everest Cafe 
 

Address: 1113 W Drake Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80526






No comments:

Post a Comment