Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Nordy’s BBQ – Loveland CO

2/20/2016

 For my birthday lunch this year with the godfather, I picked Nordy’s BBQ.  I have been to Nordy’s several times, but just have never gotten around to writing a review.  When we entered the restaurant at around 11:30 we were greeted right away and the godfather told them it was my birthday and asked if I get to pick a dessert, they said it’s usually a cookie with ice-cream. I’m not the biggest dessert guy but a free dessert is always nice.  So we were seated and pretty soon I ordered a pepsi and the godfather a water and then we had time to look over the menu, I had been looking at the menu all week online so I pretty much knew what I wanted, but I checked out the menu again anyways.  I did think about trying something different than I’ve had before like the brisket, but in the end I ordered the Carolina pork platter with Aunt Judy’s beans and fried okra as my two sides.  Somewhere along the line the godfather asked if the baked beans were any good, I said they were very good. The godfather ordered the smoked sausage with Aunt Judy’s beans and mac and cheese.  These platters also came with a cornbread muffin along with pickles, onions and jalapenos on the side.  After we ordered we had time to chat about sports, food and travel among other things.  But shortly thereafter our platters arrived.  
 
My pork was excellent, tender, moist and falling apart.  On the table were their 5 barbeque sauces Kansas City, Texas, Carolina mustard, Colorado wild fire and jalapeno.  And although the pork didn’t need any sauce I always like places with multiple sauces and like trying them all.  Here my favorites are the jalapeno and the Carolina mustard sauces, but they are all good.  I told the godfather that the mustard sauce was one of my favorites, so he tried it and he liked it so much that’s the only kind he used.  My sides the Aunt Judy’s beans were amazing, with plenty of meat and I think are the best beans I’ve had at any barbecue place I’ve been anywhere.  And the fried okra was alright but not too exciting.  I don’t usually like cornbread too much, but I figured I should try it and it was actually pretty good so I ate the whole muffin. 
 
The godfather very much enjoyed his smoked sausage and sides especially the Aunt Judy’s beans, which he couldn’t believe how good they were. 
  
When we were finishing up part of the staff came out singing happy birthday and delivered my free birthday dessert and as promised it was a chocolate chip cookie topped with ice-cream.  This was quite good and a perfect way to end my birthday lunch. Nordy’s has some excellent barbecue. I have had better barbecue in a few places like in Texas but not around here I haven’t.                          





  
Nordy's BBQ
Address: 4360 St Cloud Dr, Loveland, CO 80538 

No comments:

Post a Comment