Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2017

Georgia Boy’s barbecue – Frederick Colorado

April 30, 2017

This was my first trip to Frederick for let’s do lunch Northern Colorado. We met the rest of the family here since it is about halfway to Denver. When we arrived the streets around the place were empty so there was plenty of places to park on the street and we ended up parking right in front. We had let them know ahead of time that we were coming so they already had the table for six of us already set up. Just like the town, the inside of the restaurant was completely empty, but while we ate and about the time we were leaving the place was starting to fill up a little bit more. Pretty quickly our waitress was there to take our drink orders and then we had time to look over the menu. Pretty quickly I decided on the burnt ends because for me it’s hard to pass up burnt ends when they’re on the menu.  After a while when our waitress was back we ordered.  I ordered the burnt ends and all the meals came with two sides I chose fried okra for a dollar extra and French fries. 
 
Everyone else ordered various other barbecue meats brisket, ribs, pulled pork, turkey and various side dishes. They had three sauces sitting on the table one being the original, a mop sauce and a ghost chili sauce. I along with my brother-in-law were both kind of excited about trying the ghost chili sauce. Pretty soon our food arrived on little metal trays lined with paper. With the meat topped with a piece of Texas toast along with the side dishes.
 
My burnt ends were excellent. They were bigger than most burnt ends I remember eating and they were basically falling apart. They were seasoned well and were a bit salty. With this I tested out the barbecue sauces although the meat was great without them. The original was a pretty good sauce and pretty basic. The ghost chili sauce I thought was very good and had some good heat to it and it grew with time. The mop sauce was a vinegary sauce and it had a bit of a kick to it as well. I’m not sure which of the sauces I liked the best, but they were all pretty good and were all three quite different from each other. This was the excellent part, the part that wasn’t so good were the side dishes my fried okra was the best of my sides they tasted all right but they were a bit hard especially the little pieces. The fries were really not so good and were pretty soggy and nobody that ordered them really liked them. Also nobody liked their mac & cheese, it had kind of a runny and watery cheese sauce and didn’t look very good to me.

I thought Georgia Boys barbecue had excellent smoked meat and pretty good barbecue sauces to go with it, but everything else the; sides, the amount of food I got didn’t seem like as much is some other barbecue places and the price was a bit higher than some other barbecue places around. But I would definitely return just for the burnt ends and maybe some of their other meats.
 
 
 
 
Address: 141 Fifth St, Frederick, CO 80530
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment