Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Huang garden – Johnstown Colorado

May 24, 2017

My dad and I happened to be near Johnstown on this day so we figured we’d stop in for lunch. When we arrived all the tables were full, there were some booths on the other side of the restaurant that were open but we needed a table. However all the tables that were full were just getting ready to leave, so after we waited a bit, they cleaned the tables off. Once there was a place for us our waitress actually took our drink orders on our way to the table which we both ordered a Coke. Once we got to our table it was still a little bit wet from them wiping it off so my menu kind of stuck down to the table a bit. Eventually our waitress was back with our drinks and to take our lunch orders. We both decided to get the lunch Kung pao chicken with egg drop soup and fried rice ($7.25).
 
Soon after this our egg drop soups arrived with a basket of fried wonton strips and sweet-and-sour sauce and was asked if we needed any hot mustard which I sure didn’t want any. The egg drop soup had eggs whisked in the chicken broth which all tasted pretty good except for there being a good amount of green peas in my dish I ate about half of them probably, but there were still plenty in the bottom of my dish. My dad also had the egg drop soup but he didn’t have any peas in his just one little carrot. The wonton strips were pretty basic. I dipped one in the sweet-and-sour sauce and I’m not sure what was with the sweet-and-sour sauce but I didn’t care for it too much.
 
Just before I was done eating my soup our entrées arrived on a plate with an egg roll and a crab cheese wonton. The chicken meat in my Kung pao chicken was decent just a couple of tough spots here and there. I thought the sauce tasted quite good, but I didn’t like some of the vegetables like the water chestnuts, red peppers and quite a lot of zucchini. I didn’t think the zucchini was too bad, but my dad didn’t like it at all. Also in there were hot peppers and plenty of peanuts. The egg roll had a nice outside wrapper but the veggies inside especially the cabbage was quite a bit tough and hard to chew. The fried crab cheese wonton was all right and pretty basic. The fried rice was also pretty basic for fried rice no veggies or anything just a little bit of egg. The lunch special was a decent price but it didn’t seem like the portions were all that big, because usually at Chinese places even for lunch I often need a box but here I didn’t.
 



 
 
257 Johnstown Center Dr.
#113-114
Johnstown, CO 80534
(next to The Hay's Market)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment