Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Doug's Day Diner - Fort Collins, CO

January 11, 2014

Well another year and another year older and for my birthday the godfather wanted to take me out for lunch where ever I’d like.   It took me awhile to pick a place since there are so many choices, but I finally came up with Doug’s Day Diner.  We arrived just before noon on a Saturday and it was full and the waiting area full as well.  So we were told it would be about 15-20 minutes, which was fine with us.  As we were waiting I got a very pleasant surprise when the godfather’s 2 sons Matt and Luke along with grandson Cole came in, who I hadn’t seen in quite a while.  We had to wait a bit longer, but just a few minutes and enough time to get my birthday present which was a Peyton Manning jersey just in time for the playoffs.  Once we were seated we were given huge menus, not so much in choices, but in actual size.  We had our drink orders taken and they told our waitress that it was my birthday; she said they didn’t have desserts or anything, but could do a pancake or sweet toast (French toast).  I figured I’d wait til the end to get that.  In a bit when our drinks came, we weren’t quite ready to order.  I was ready for a couple of days actually, but not all of us were.  In a bit when our waitress came back again I ordered the breakfast burrito with bacon and Green Chile, which is my favorite item at Doug’s.  Matt got the same since that’s what I liked, and Luke got the breakfast burrito with Carne Asada and with Red Chile.  The godfather had the basic breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and he picked an English muffin, he also had a choice of raspberry or blackberry jam he chose blackberry.  Once our orders were taken we had a nice sports and sports trivia conversation, and before I knew it our food was delivered to the table.  The burritos were huge and I knew right away that I was going to need a box. 
 
 
 
 
These were huge mine filled with 3 eggs and a ton of hash browns, along with cheese and bacon.  The bacon was very thick and has to be one of the best bacons at a breakfast place I’ve ever had if not the best.  All this was smothered with Green Chile, which was tasty and had a little bit of a kick, but not so much so that it was too hot and unbearable.  I had a little bit of the Carne Asada and Red Chile, and it was very good as well.  I’m not sure which was best, but I think going “Christmas style” with both Red and Green Chile would have been the best way to go with either meat.  Either way these are the biggest and best breakfast burritos I've ever had.  I stopped eating my burrito at about the halfway point knowing that my sweet toast was coming and because the burrito was so big and I don't think I could've eaten too much more of it at that point. The godfather’s breakfast was big as well and he couldn’t finish it either. He commented on how thick the bacon was and he really enjoyed it, he also commented to the waitress about how good the jam was as well.  He seemed to enjoy his meal as did everyone else.  Once we were just about done eating our waitress brought out the Sweet Toast and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me.  Once they were done I dug into the Sweet toast. 


This was just like French toast with some sort of berries on top and some chocolate chips as well as whipped cream and there might've even been something in there that was kind of orange flavored but it was all good. Throughout our whole meal our waitress who I can’t recall her name was very good and took care of us very well.

Doug's Day diner is a great place for breakfast and lunch especially if you're looking for a great and huge meal and you may even be able to get a couple meals out of it like I did. I went in for a birthday lunch and ended up with a birthday lunch and a birthday dinner.

 

 

 

 
address: 2842 Council Tree Su 143 Ft .Collins, CO 80525

phone: (970) 377-2660

Hours:

Monday thru Friday – 6am-2pm

Saturday & Sunday  – 7am-2pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Easter

  
website: http://dougsdaydiner.com/

 

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment