Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2015

DDD Week: THE LODGE SASQUATCH KITCHEN PART 2 – Fort Collins CO

 On another visit to the Lodge Sasquatch I met a friend for lunch. When we arrived the place wasn’t to full, but they only had a limited number of short tables.  Everything else was the bar, high tables, and booths which none of those would work for me. So we had to wait for a few minutes for a short table to open up. Eventually we were seated and had our drink orders taken pretty quick. After not very long we were ready to order and when our waiter came back that’s what we did. My friend ordered one of the burgers with waffle fries. I decided to get the buffalo chicken sandwich with waffle fries.

After not long of a wait our food was brought out. The lady that brought them out asked if we needed anything else and we said we could use some more napkins. She said she be right back with them but we never saw her again.



  Immediately when I saw my sandwich I knew there was no way I was going to be able to safely eat it without getting it all over me and my shirt. It was three chicken tenders on a toasted bun in Buffalo sauce and topped with blue cheese dressing along with lettuce and tomato with waffle fries on the side. Since it wasn’t going to be so easy to eat I just took it apart and ate it that way. In a while our waiter came back and asked if we needed anything. We said some napkins. He left and immediately came back with napkins.  Which was good because they were definitely needed. I thought the sandwich was all right not that great, but not that bad either. I do think eating it as a sandwich and not taking it a part would have been better. Because it really ended up being like chicken wings with a toasted bun on the side instead of the whole combination. I did like the blue cheese a little bit and thought it was better than most. The waffle fries were really just waffle fries nothing exciting. My friend and I both basically thought this place was fairly average not too great but definitely not horrible either. I would rate the Lodge Sasquatch based on this visit three stars, but when I include the appetizers from the other visit I would bump the rating up to four stars.
 





THE LODGE SASQUATCH KITCHEN

151 N College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524
  

No comments:

Post a Comment