Welcome to the Let's do Lunch Northern Colorado blog. Here you will find reviews of Northern Colorado restaurants, including restaurants in Ft. Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Windsor and the surrounding areas.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

DDD Week: RESTAURANT 415 PART 2 – Fort Collins CO

On my second trip to restaurant 415 my dad joined me for lunch. It’s not exactly his type of place probably, but he decided to join me anyways. We got there around 1 o’clock we weren’t able to park very close so we had to walk a bit to get here. The place was pretty full but we were seated immediately at the only open table. While we’re there even more people kept coming in. It did seem like we had to wait a bit before our waitress arrived to take our drink orders but the place was pretty busy. When she was there to take our drink orders we both ordered cokes. In a few minutes she was back and we were ready to order. I decided to order the when pigs fly ($11) which was chicken and waffles. Dad got the bacon mac & cheese ($8.10) and we got a Mozzarella Fritti ($11) to share. I had never had chicken and waffles before but a friend recommended it here and it seems like it should be a good thing. After we ordered we waited for a while, but not an outrageous amount of time and our food arrived.



I wasn’t exactly sure why was called when pigs fly, although I should’ve since the menu said bacon time 100% real maple syrup, but I found out as soon as I got to the maple syrup and figured out there were pieces of bacon in it. This made the maple syrup even better than maple syrup already is. I thought this was real good on the waffle which was orange infused and very good. The fried chicken I was expecting pieces of fried chicken with bones but these were just fried chicken strips which is all right to do just different than I expected. These chicken strips were all right but seemed a little dry and the breading seemed extra salty in some places, but mostly tasted pretty good. Even though the chicken was a bit dry the maple syrup helped that out quite a bit. Overall I thought this was really quite good but could have been a little bit better.

 
The Mozzarella Fritti was basically like mozzarella sticks but they were square.  The plate came with four of them and was served with marinara. These were also pretty good and better than most mozzarella stick type things and the marinara was pretty good as well but seemed like there was kind of too much basil on top for me anyways. Dad’s mac & cheese was covered in a ton of bacon which he thought was really good and the mac & cheese under it was really good too. Dad said it was the best bacon mac & cheese he’s ever had.

 Although the menu here is a bit different there is a lot of good stuff in there including chicken and waffles and bacon mac & cheese as well as plenty of other things. If my dad was rating the restaurant he would say would say a five for the bacon Mac and cheese but a combination of all things I ate in my two trips I would give it four stars.

 


  

RESTAURANT 415

415 S Mason St Fort Collins, CO 80524

 

No comments:

Post a Comment